Jim Thomas, Director of IT Operations at Pella, discusses the business case for running his critical applications on Violin Systems, even with 10 months left on his existing SAN storage:
Switching to a new technology - with the potential for duplicate payments - meant that it had to be game changing. And that is exactly what Violin Systems achieved for Pella.
Running their applications faster on flash memory storage translates into a competitive advantage for Pella:
- Data warehouse applications: 50% reduction in nightly load times, with more complex, real-time reports for actionable analysis
- A more efficient Oracle ERP:
- 40-50% reduction in long job times
- 15-20% improvement in online transactions
- Nearly zero CPU wait time for I/O
- A more agile PeopleSoft application: 40% reduction in weekly payroll processing, driving efficiencies and reducing financial risk.
From an overall CapEx/OpEx perspective, Pella achieved the following:
- 80% reduction in power consumption
- 90% reduction in space usage
- $150k reduction in operating costs
What could you achieve by running your critical applications on the Violin Systems platform?